Sunday, July 21, 2013

Nurturing A Marriage

My husband and I are celebrating 32 years of marriage this weekend. 


When our quadruplets were born we started, with the encouragement of my in-laws, to get away for a weekend at least four times a year. One of those weekends is always for our anniversary. How smart are my in-laws? I treasure our weekends. We even, over the years, found one place we like the most, and often go there just to rest together.

If you are married, with or without children, I strongly urge you to take a weekend a few times a year and devote it to just the two of you. Take the time to nurture your marriage. 


See, 32 years later and our love is deep with roots that will keep it strong!

Today, I am grateful for my wise in-laws, the weekends my husband and I have devoted to one another and our marriage, and for a wonderful marriage. I pray that God will bless us with at least 32 more years together.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for visiting and for your kind words!! You did have wise in-laws and Congrats on your anniversary! We will be married 35 years in August!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete