Wednesday, July 10, 2013

A Summer Routine

  • There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. - Ecclesiastes 3:1 NIV



I am a routine person. I enjoy breaks from my routine, but I like to have a routine. I am a teacher who is blessed with the summers off. Sometimes I struggle to get into a summer routine. Sometimes I go back to work in September without ever falling into a summer routine. Not this year! This summer I have fallen into a delightful summer routine. Yay!


 I am up by 6:00 a.m. - I love summer mornings!
I put on a load of wash, make a cup of coffee and spend some time outside with God talking and listening to Him. I am so very grateful for Divine Guidance. I can never get enough.



Next, I meet friends to go for a healthy brisk walk around a gorgeous lake. I am grateful for this beautiful lake to walk around in the company of good friends.



 I return home from my walk to House Blessings. That's a nice way of saying I clean my house. I am grateful for my home. It is a gift from God for which I am very grateful. I spend some time each morning caring for our home.

By noon I am showered and ready to move into my studio. My studio used to be our dining room, but we never used it so,with my husband's blessings, I took it over. I knit, crochet, needle felt, blog, read, write, dream and sometimes even nap in my wonderful space. I am grateful for my studio. I love spending time in my studio.

In the evening I am preparing dinner, spending time with my husband, having a glass of wine on the front porch with my family. I love this time of day when everyone is returning home from work. I am grateful for the time we can all spend together.


After dinner we settle in to watch TV for a little while. This is great knitting time!



Since I'm up early I go to bed early. I take my book, a big glass of water and settle in for some reading time before I go to sleep.




I am abundantly grateful for my summer routine. I am very blessed. Thank You, God!





No comments:

Post a Comment