Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Children's Health

My quadruplets were born six weeks premature.

They weighed in at 4lbs.5 oz., 4lbs.81/2oz., 4lbs.10oz., and 5lbs.,2oz.

They all began life in the NICU, but one by one they worked their way out.

The girls were first. Meredith, the biggest and strongest, was the first to go into the nursery and be ready to come home. Then Tracy, the smallest, the fighter. Then Shannon, Mommy's Girl. Shannon never wanted me out of her sight.

The girls came home with me about three weeks after they were born. Why I was in for three weeks is a gratitude story for another day.

Rick developed NEC, an infants form of colitis. He could have died. But he survived! THANK YOU, GOD!!!

December 24, 1988 everyone was home and healthy! THANK YOU, GOD!!!!

We would find out about a month later that Rick's retinas had not developed when he was born, and he could have been blind. However, they developed perfectly, and his vision was fine. THANK YOU, GOD!

We did not know the health risks for premature babies, and I thank God for that. I did not worry. I just waited for all of my precious babies to be strong enough to come home.

Over the years they had normal childhood illnesses, but all are absolutely perfect.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, GOD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment