Thursday, March 7, 2013

Can Tom and I Cook Tonight?

An unusually challenging day at work, then around lunch time I receive a question that brings a huge smile to my face.

A text message from Meredith, "Would it be okay if Tom and I cooked dinner tonight?"

My response, "YES!!! Yay!"

I felt as if she has just lifted 50 pounds off of my shoulders. After a challenging day at work it can be overwhelming to decide what to cook and to cook for 9 people.

We aren't 9 for dinner every night, but we are usually between 4 to 9 people for dinner every night.

Meredith and Tom cook for us frequently. Tracy and Rob have started to do so too. And occasionally Rick will too. This is such a wonderful thing! I'm not sure my children will ever understand how much I love it when they cook dinner.

I do not enjoy cooking. I can cook, and I can cook well, but I do not enjoy it. Cooking is not something I would choose to do if I did not have to. Gary said that he believes I would be an outstanding cook if I just liked to cook. If I won the lottery I would hire someone to do the food shopping and the cooking.

So, today, I am abundantly thankful for my children choosing to cook dinner!

It gets even better. They clean up too!

Thank You, God, for my wonderful thoughtful children!

No comments:

Post a Comment