Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Dallas

Who shot JR?

When I was in college Gary and I used to watch Dallas every Friday night with a pot of coffee and a box of Entenmann's chocolate chip cookies. We were real party people. TBS has brought Dallas back, and Monday night Gary and I watched it, without the coffee and the chocolate chip cookies, because they were bringing back many of the original cast.

Larry Hagman, the character who played JR, died, and the storyline for the show that evening was JR's funeral.

It brought back nice memories of Gary's and my early years together. We were reminded of how much we enjoyed a simple evening staying in and just being together.

The show ended with a revived storyline, "Who shot JR?" Which made us smile, because again it brought back fond memories.

God, thank You for 38 years of memories with Gary. I look forward to the many more memories You have in store for us. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment