Friday, March 1, 2013

My Cats

Today I am grateful for the cats in my life.

I have had many cats in my life. When I was a little girl we had a cat named Tiger. Tiger had kittens named Squeaky and Taffy. Tiger was my only outdoor cat.

During my teen years we had a Persian cat named Puddy. I can hardly remember Puddy being awake. She would curl up in the rocking chair and sleep all day long. All night long too.

I grew up and got married. When we bought our first home we had two cats named Summer and Scooter. Those two refused to let me knit. As soon as the knitting came out they thought it was time to play. When I sat down to mark papers Summer would steal my pen or pencil and run away with it. Summer also liked to play fetch. He would take a piece of wrapped candy out of the candy bowl and bring it to my husband. My husband would throw it, and Summer would run, pick it up in his mouth and carry it back to Gary. They were our most playful cats.

Time went by and now we have Bernie and Dory. (See the photos below.) Dory is our first female cat. She is a talker and a cuddler. Her favorite room in the house is the laundry room, but she likes it best when I am in there with her. Bernie is the biggest cat we have ever had, weighing in at 23 pounds. He is not fat. He is just a big cat. He does not have a favorite spot in the house. He likes to spread his fur around.

I am grateful for the cats in my life. They have brought me abundant unconditional love. They have comforted me when I was grieving, and they have stayed by my side when I was sick. When I went into labor with our quadruplets I could not get upstairs to wake Gary. Summer pounced on him and woke Gary.

As I am writing this Bernie is sound asleep on my lap, and Dory is curled up in the chair next to me.

When I come home from work and the cats are sleeping in the living room I know all is well.

Thank You, God for blessing me with the love and cuddles of cats.



Bernie


Dory on the laundry room rug.


No comments:

Post a Comment