Friday, August 9, 2013

My Gifts

"Open up your arms and sing the praises of your many gifts." -Alexandra Stoddard

God has blessed us all with gifts and talents. The Bible tells us to go out and serve and bless others with our talents. To go out and multiply our talents, not to bury them. As long as we use them God is pleased. 

First, we have to think about our talents. What gifts did God bless us with? 

I have recognized four gifts God bestowed upon me - the ability to read, to write, to knit and to teach. I believe that God gave me my gifts to bless myself and others. 

 I bless myself when I read. I enjoy reading. I learn many things when I read. I am able to read the Bible.

I bless myself when I write. Writing is a need for me. I think by writing. I pray by writing. I tell my story by writing.

I bless myself when I knit. Knitting is my meditation. Knitting controls my blood pressure. Knitting keeps me calm.

I bless myself when I teach. I learn much from my students. I learn more about reading, writing and knitting when I teach them to others. 

I bless others when I teach them how to read. I bless others when I read what they have written. 

I bless others when I teach them how to write. I bless others when I write my story.

I bless others when I teach them how to knit. I bless others when I knit a prayer shawl or a blanket or another gift for them. I bless my husband when I knit in the car and I don't tell him how to drive.

I pray that I am using my gifts to the fullest. That I am multiplying them. I pray that I will hear God when He needs me to bless others with my gifts. I pray that I have recognized all the gifts God gave to me. I pray, "Thank You, God, for my gifts."

Erma Bombeck once said, "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'.

Me too. 









No comments:

Post a Comment