Friday, June 14, 2013

Deer

I live on six and a half acres of land. We have lots of wildlife; bear, turkeys, rabbits, squirrels, ground hogs, possum, chipmunks, snakes, birds, and deer - lots and lots of deer. Since we have so many deer we don't have beautiful gardens. The deer eat just about everything. I have flower boxes up high that they cannot get to, and pots of flowers on high tree stumps that are usually fairly safe. However, not this morning! Last night it was rainy and windy and my potted geraniums were lying on the ground. A doe came into the yard and spotted breakfast. First, I rapped on the window to chase her away. She just looked up and bit off a beautiful red flower. Then I went outside to chase her away. I also got to watch her eat the red flower. She slowly walked away as I picked up the pot and placed it back on the stump. She only moved a few yards away. I bet she was thinking, "You can't stay out here all morning. As soon as you go inside I will have some more of your flowers for breakfast." So, what is it I am thankful for, you wonder. I am thankful for that doe because Gary and I had a good laugh about it, and what a wonderful way to begin a day - laughing. Thank You, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment