Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My Father-In-Law

Today my father-in-law celebrates his 81st birthday!

I met my husband in 1975. I was seventeen years old. We were married in1981. Three years later my dad retired from his job, and he and my step-mother moved to Florida. Three years after that he died after having a heart attack. I was 28.

When my dad moved to Florida my father-in-law told me that he told my dad that he would watch over me, and he has. He has been by my husband's and my sides through nearly 32 years of marriage. He has guided us as we raised four children, (he is an amazing grandpa) he has guided us as we purchased our first home and built our second. He and my mother-in-law set a wonderful example of a successful marriage.

I am 54 years old now. I have known my father-in-law for 37 years. I have spent more years being loved and guided by my father-in-law than I was my own father.

I am a very lucky lady! I was blessed with a fantastic father and father-in-law! Thank You, God!

Happy birthday, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment