Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 Holidays

I am grateful for the 2013 holidays from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day. 

Thanksgiving was at my in-laws, and it was a wonderful day. After a scrumptious meal we sat down to watch videos of my children. My father-in-law had taken all of the videos of my children to be put on CDs. There are 33 of them! We sat watching them until midnight. They brought me such joy! I thought that I would cry while watching them, but I laughed and smiled and loved every minute. 

We took them home with us, and the I spent all of the day after Thanksgiving watching them. I knitted as I watched so I didn't feel too guilty about getting absolutely nothing accomplished. The joy they brought me was abundant! 

I didn't finish watching them, but Grandma has them now, and I know they will bring her as much joy as they brought me. I will watch them again and again and again and again ... joy-filled memories.

Thank You, God, for technology that blesses all of us with joyful memories. Our memories are wonderful, and the technology that is available enhances those memories blessing us with more joy. Thank You, God, for all the people involved in bring those memories to my television and into my living room. It took many people, from the person who thought of the technology to the people who created the cameras to the man who created the CDs to my wonderful father-in-law who had the CDs made. There were many more people involved, in blessing me with such joy, and I am grateful for every single one of them.

 Thank you, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment